lunes, 29 de marzo de 2010

Procrastination Day # 3

I really can’t be blamed for procrastinating; it has been an abnormally busy day at work so I can’t concentrate on studying and/or reading. However, I do have time for my recently acquired addiction: twitter! I just can’t stop reading posts and getting amazed at how fast my home is updated. I opened my account almost a year ago and used it three times in 2009… However, I became interested last night when MY MOM; yes, my mom started following me on twitter. I decided to give it a try and now I can’t stop!!

I installed TweetDeck on my PC and UberTwitter on my Blackberry (yes, a bit too much…) and it’s a constant bombardment of posts from the people I am following. But I just can’t get enough!! I am a news junky and this suits me perfectly: with TweetDeck I get every update in real time; a small window pops up on the upper right corner of my desktop and whenever I’m away from my laptop I can read and post through UberTwitter. Actually, on my way to class I was able to read the more than 40 headlines from different news sources without having to buy a print copy J Isn’t that amazing? The best part is that I can get a post from the Washington Post and 0.67 seconds later get another one from the New York Times on the same topic… for those who don’t know what I’m talking about: I can get a right-wing orientation on a certain issue and less than a second later I can read the headline on the same issue but ‘spelled out’ in the opposing way.

I know I am a little far behind on this technology, I just didn’t wanna have to engage with a different social network, add contacts and start all over again like I’ve done over time with all the social networks. But twitter is different, you get a chance to engage in debates with news anchors, journalists, celebrities, politicians and so on; it is a different scope of social networking. So far, I’m enjoying it but we’ll see what happens…

Any suggestions on whom should I follow? 

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario