lunes, 29 de marzo de 2010

Welcome me!

An impulsive action is what this blog is. I have been telling myself that I would start writing over a year ago, and I held off till a few minutes ago when I was about to go to bed and figured that if I was to start writing I had to do it right away, otherwise I would never do it.

So here I am on my first blog post, wondering who on Earth is going to ever read this. What should I write about? I even wonder if I should write it in English or in Spanish... But, what the heck, whatever comes out through my fingers will be the content of this blog.

It is entitled "Girovaga Vagando" after an Italian poem that I had the opportunity to discover a few weeks ago in my Italian Literature class. The poem, by Giuseppe Ungaretti is about a man who feels like he does not belong pretty much anywhere he goes. He feels to have seen and lived everything already. Kinda sad I would say, but I happen to be in a similar situation like that of Ungaretti's character: every time I arrive in a different place, I get over it and want to move on, see something different and meet new people. I just have an urge to see as many places as possible, to meet as many people as I can, and being stuck in one place becomes very frustrating... Therefore, I'd like to call myself a 'girovaga'. (Fortunately, there's the Internet and I can be in many places at the same time, but that's starting to not be enough...)

So, voila... welcome to my blog, enjoy the randomness of my thoughts, experiences, etc! ;)

3 comentarios:

xalaila dijo...

first comment, yay!!! ^^ quiero leer el poema, anda, postéalo

Pau Rabell dijo...

lo quieres en italiano? ;) al fin que vas a trabajar de agregada cultural en la embajada de Italia!

xalaila dijo...

jajajaja claro! mi italiano es fabuloso... not! jajaja al menos puedo leerlo casi sin problemas ;) hablarlo es otro rollo

Publicar un comentario